Friday, April 27, 2012

This little piggy went to market.....

4 markets in 3 weekends; I truly can't wait.  Yes, I'll be exhausted, but oh, the fun to be had!!   Whether you are in the south or the north of the state, you really have no excuse to miss out on a market fix.

First up, tomorrow I'll be at the ever-popular, overflowing Salamanca Market.  I wake up and drag myself to this market, still half asleep in the morning, thoroughly enjoy interacting with customers and lookers alike and by the end of the day I'm on a high; it really is such a lovely place to be;


Next up is The Barn Market next Saturday 5th May, 10:00 - 3:00; set in the most amazing historical building and courtyard. There'll be something for everyone as well as plenty of gifts to grab for Mothers Day.  A favourite market of mine (wonder why??).

The next day, Sunday 6th of May, its off to Designed; Made.  I've never been to this market but have heard many great things about it; this one is a little bit more designed based and features stunning and clever furniture pieces as well.  Definitely worth a look.  It's in Princes Wharf from 9:00 - 3:00.
And finally, a double whammy; 2 days at the spectacular Apron Design Market.  Set outside at Launcestons beautiful Seaport, it's the place to be.  What more could you want than to mix shopping and pizza on Friday night and then more shopping and bacon and eggs on Saturday morning. If my marquee is abandoned, you'll find me at one of the many tantalising restaurants only meters away. Mmmmmm!  This really is a high-calibre market so come prepared to fall in love with one (or 20) of the eye-catching treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment