Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tell me what you think - to paint or not to paint?!


So, I need your help!! I am in love with my vintage green meatsafe which has served as my pendant display unit for some time now. However, I have recently had several people tell me that it needs to be painted black so that my products stand out more. I'm normally not one to dismiss advice to help sell my products, but there is something about my lovely green meatsafe that I just don't want to mess with. But then again, if it will grab the attention of more customers..... ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh, decisions!!


Paint the safe, paint the safe not, paint the safe, paint the safe not ..... Please tell me what to do!


6 comments:

  1. Don't paint the safe! Could you stick on some black paper (blutak would probably work) and have the edges of the black framed by the gorgeous vintage green instead - then you still have the original and very beautiful safe that you love so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with ange- LOVE the green safe I have a similar one at home- or just a small black card behind each?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep.... "its not easy being green" but it sure is cool!! So I vote stay with the green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its all about your branding and selling ur products Miss Helen, I say paint it a nice glossy black or even do a Matt black give it a bit of a light sand to still have the antique effect and your products will jump out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh dear! Whats a girl to do. That's 3 x 'no - don't touch it's' and 1 x 'yes, definitely change it'. I'm still not decided - anyone else want to put in their 2 bobs worth?? Please do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen,
    As a fellow meat safe lover, as you saw at the market....don't do it!
    I love the green and think it's perfect for your products.
    I'm just home so will look at my "collection" of safes and let you know if there is a circle one in my collection.
    I'm on the hunt for more now...crazy, but I love them just as much as you.
    It was lovely to meet you at the market.

    ReplyDelete